Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Pout Pout Fish

I love books, especially children's books... maybe because the comprehension is more at my level haha!! Anyways, I often get asked to recommend some good books for kids. Most of us are familiar with the classic ones, but there are so many new ones that are gooders! So I thought that I would share some of Yulli's favourites!

Yulli's book of the week (and I use the term "week" loosely, as I'm not sure there will be one each week) is THE POUT POUT FISH by Deborah Diesen.



This picture book written in rhyme is about a cute little fish with a pouty face! He thinks that he is destined to be glum and sad all the time because his lips are pouty! He swims around the ocean meeting other ocean creatures that tell him to cheer up and to stop being such a downer. To which he replies that he can't because he is a pout-pout fish! Then all of a sudden this beautiful girl fish swims up and kisses him! He then realizes that he isn't a pout-pout fish at all but in fact a kiss-kiss fish! Then he swims around and kisses everyone!!

I think it is totally adorbs! Yulli had no comment! And Husband thinks that the girl fish is a skank! Bahaha!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Yulli enjoys The Pout-Pout Fish!

    Best Fishes to you and your family,
    Debbie Diesen (author of The Pout-Pout Fish)

    ReplyDelete