Monday, November 12, 2012

Black is back!

I was chatting with a friend this weekend and she mentioned that she was having her interior doors painted BLACK!! Ooooooo I love it! If you know me, then you know I pretty much only wear black!  Black goes with everything... except orange... that only works during Halloween! But black on doors? Hmmm... is that idea too radical? Black doors is actually nothing new. Apparently back in the day, doors were ordered to be painted black when Queen Victoria was mourning the death of Prince Albert! So you may see it on many traditional looking homes.

benjaminmoore.com
So pretty right? Black is back and it really is making a comeback as one of the hot new trends in home decor!

Typically you see black on exterior front doors!

rhondaepeterson.blogspot.ca
 
houzz.com
 
houzz.com
But what I am really excited about is black on interior doors! It can really add some depth to your space and spruce things up. My recommendation is painting the side of the door that faces the hallway or common areas. Black doesn't always work inside a room, especially if it is inside a child's room!

pinkwallpaper.blogspot.com
 
houzz.com
 
dgstyleblog.blogspot.com
 
awelldressedhome.com
 
This chick even painted the door from her garage black! What a great idea! If you really think about, it is the door that you probably use the most often, so why not make it fancy!
 
justagirlblog.com
 
Tell me these doors don't look good!! I would totally paint my interior doors black, but it just really doesn't go with the aesthetics of our home! So if you want a change, consider painting your doors black!


1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I love black!
    The pics you posted were my inspiration :)
    A

    ReplyDelete