Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Week in Review

Here's what we've been up to!

1) New neighbour informed me the other day that I'm FAMOUS!! Yup, you heard right... ME... FAMOUS! She was perusing the pages of Facebook and came across a page that had a link to this blog!! OMG, who would have ever thunk (yes, I'm super cool and use made-up words like thunk)? I promise I won't let the fame get to my head! Get my autograph while you still have the chance peeps!! Hahaha

2) Hubby and I watched The Next All-American HandyMan on TV. The Canadian version is much better in my opinion! Anyways, it left Husband itching to build or fix something! I have lots of projects in the pipeline, but nothing big at the moment. I gave him the mini task of installing a dimmer in the sitting area in our bedroom. When you build a home, you try to envision yourself living there but you really don't know how it will function until you are actually living there. When we had chairs in the sitting area, we found the lights were too bright for watching TV. We should have put a dimmer on this set of lights I thought! Woulda Coulda Shoulda!!! We shoulda and woulda if we had the foresight. Well we still coulda... how hard could it be? Apparently very easy!


Did you notice the sexy screw-less cover plates? It's the little details that make get me excited! Oh yah baby!!
 
 
3) We've had lots of Christmas merrydom lately! Many great get-togethers and dinners with friends and family! When it comes to potlucks I have a couple go-to recipes. One crowd-pleaser is this Skor Dip recipe. Pretty much a brick of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of white sugar, 1/2 cup of brown sugar and a dash of vanilla. Mix it all together and then add 1/2 a bag of Skor toffee bits. That's it! DONE! Cut up some Granny Smith apples to go with it and there you have it! I like to put the dip in little plastic shot cups so you can double dip to your heart's content. Who am I kidding? I'm classy and like to lick the whole cup clean!

4) Want to make your dinner party just a little bit fancier? Well here is a simple little DIY for you! Use an ornament that matches your holiday decor as a place card holder. Simply attach a little paper clip to the ornament and a slip of paper with the names! You know I'm all about Easy Peasy while still being fancy schmancy!! Haha

Looks like a fancy dinner party for adults but look closely!  You will see that I look disheveled and the colorful baby swing is a more accurate portrayal of our daily life! Haha

What have you been up to??

No comments:

Post a Comment