Thursday, January 2, 2014

Breakfast cooking tips!

So a couple of you have asked me about my brunch eggs... so I thought I would share a few of my cooking tips!!

Eggs: How did I get my eggs so perfect looking you ask? Well... I cooked them in the oven in a muffin tin! Simply grease your muffin tin with a little oil and crack your eggs inside! You can do scrambled eggs, or quiches the same way! I cooked my eggs for 15mins at 350C and even though the yoke looks raw, they are perfectly cooked through! Cook for 8-10mins if you want a soft or runny yoke! I use a regular muffin tin and didn't really have much trouble with it sticking but I heard if you use a silicon tin, they pop right out! This saves so much time if you are feeding lots of people since you don't have to stand at the stove frying eggs! These are also great if you like making egg mcmuffin breakfast sandwiches! I think a large size muffin tin would be a better size ratio though! I've also used the oven/muffin tin technique to cook hard boiled eggs too! Works like a charm!

Sausage: My tip for cooking sausage is to boil them first! This ensures that they are fully cooked through and also cooks away a lot of the fatty grease! Sounds sacrilegious I know, but I want my heart to live a little longer so I can enjoy eating these types of foods longer! And then after boiling, just give them a quick fry to give it a nice color and crisp!

Bacon: I also cook my bacon in the oven! Line a baking sheet with tin foil and lay out the bacon nicely! I cook it at 350C and cooking time will vary depending on how crispy you like your bacon! There are sooooooo many advantages to cooking bacon in the oven! First off, lots of the bacon smell is contained so your house doesn't reek of bacon! I know it smells good but you don't want your house smelling like that long after you have devoured the bacon! Again you don't have to stand at the stove frying bacon! Cooking the bacon in the oven also keeps the bacon stick straight... notice how when you fry it in a pan it always curls up? And lastly, once the left over bacon grease solidifies in the tin foil, you can just scrunch it up and throw the whole thing away... you don't even have to wash the baking sheet!

Hopefully these cooking tips are helpful....

No comments:

Post a Comment