1. SAND + Natural things! We added some rocks, seashells, branches and any random things that Yulli collects during our walks!
2. BEANS! Kinda the same type of play like sand... scooping, pouring, transferring etc. But the bigger units changes it up and it also makes a different sound. I find the hearing sense is often neglected during sensory play! Bonus: it is uber cheap!
3. WATER + Spray toy! Oh man this thing is fun on warm days when we can play outside and not worry about making a mess! This is actually a toy that Yules plays with in the bath! It sprays water everywhere and has different interchangeable pieces that can stack to create different spray patterns! It was a very WET activity, therefore no pics... but here is what the toy looks like in case you want to purchase it!
4. SAND ALIVE/KINETIC SAND! These are new products that I can only describe as wet sand-play-doh-living organisms!! Haha sounds gross and kinda cool at the same time! I think the big kids (aka adults) had more fun playing with this stuff! The two products are similar but a bit different... Sand Alive is a little more play dough like and Kinetic Sand is a little more "alive"!! Here's a video that shows you just how cool this stuff is! Yulli is playing with the Sand Alive!
5. WATER + Tapioca Pearls! This is supposed to mimic water beads. Yules still has the occasional tendency to sample things, and I wasn't all too sure what type of chemicals are in water beads... so just in case she puts one in her mouth, I decided to use tapioca pearls. But then I found out that they do sell non-toxic water beads that are safe for kids... Oh well next time!! The advantage to using real water beads is that they last FOREVER!! If they get kinda gross and germy, you just rinse them and if the dry out you just rehydrate them! Tapioca pearls only last a few days... Bubble tea anyone? Haha!
This is what the pearls looked like a couple days later... much more plump and the vibrant colors faded... but still fun!!