Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Activities!

Here's a few Christmas activities that has been keeping the monster busy!

1. Making Christmas cards! We made reindeers and Christmas trees with handprints. Afterwards Yules helped glue and place stickers. We made these a few weeks ago and I thought that I was super on top of things... a week till Christmas and I have still not mailed these out! Yikes!

2. Last year Yules would have nothing to do with the creepy old guy in a red suit, but this year she is obsessed with Santa! So it was no surprise that she picked a Santa advent calendar from the dollar store. You pretty much just glue a pom pom on each day. But I did want to point out my favourite craft glue which is surprisingly from the dollar store. Glue is one of those things that I tell people to splurge and not buy from the dollar store, especially glue sticks! But I love love love the white craft glue from the Dollarama. It has a little stick that goes into the hole which prevents it from clogging up! Genius I tell you! Crayola also has a similar version but harder to find and more expensive!

3. Peppermint Playdough! I like this recipe because it makes a small batch, requires no cooking and no cream of tartar. Who the heck has cream of tartar on hand? That stuff is expensive yoz and impossible to find too!
1 cup flour + 1/2 cup of salt + 1 cup boiling water + 3tbs oil and food coloring/additives of your choice. We used green food color and peppermint extract!

4. Yulli has also been obsessed with Christmas trees like her mama! So we made one that she could decorate any which way her heart desired! We painted a giant piece of cardboard that I hoarded and then I let her go to town with stickers and post-its and whatever she wanted! We also attached all the random crafts that she has created at all the Christmas parties she has attended this year.

 
5. Remember those tissue paper fold out bells that people used as wedding décor back in the day? We found a Christmas tree like that at the dollarstore and it was too tacky and too awesome that I had to have it! We've been slowly decorating it with small stickers and foam dots!
 
6. Chistmas book advent countdown. I have a giant collection of children's books and tonnes of Christmas books. I picked 25 of them off the shelf and wrapped them up. Haha she has no idea, but might be smarter and on to me next year! Anyways, each day she puts a sticker on a calendar I printed off the internet and gets to unwrap a book, then we read it together! Pretty easy and nothing fancy but the monster loves it!

 What Christmassy activities are you doing with your monsters this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment